Monday, April 19, 2010

"Hand Trees" for Earth Day













































For Earth Day on April 22nd I decided to do this simple hand tree project. The children would first trace their forearm and hand for the tree trunk and branches using patterned scrapbook paper. Next 2 sheets of textured paper are created using combs and clipper guards with tempera paint. After these are dry, the children cut out simple leaf shapes to adorn their tree. One of the girls in my Kindergarten class said she "had" to do a background. Since this is a private afterschool art class I can and try to give the children more freedom and choices to express themselves. In this case I was so glad to have her create this rich and beautiful oil pastel background of rolling hills. I think the results are stunning (and much more creative than my original idea.) Thanks for reminding me about the creative process Tess- your work is Beautiful!






1 comment:

  1. This is such a creative idea and wonderful results. The children must have loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!