Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heather Galler Inspired Dogs





My daughter liked this project so much, she is working
on a series of Galler inspired dogs using all oil pastel







My experiment













One artist who seems to be heavily "pinned" by art teachers on Pinterest, is Heather Galler. Her folk art style is bold, colorful and has strong design elements ....so it's easy to see why she's so popular. My Animal Art class looked at her her colorful stylized pooches and most decided to use her Greyhound for inspiration. They used Sharpie/glue or both on colored construction paper to create their line work. Chalk pastel was used to add bold areas of color. Artwork by K-4th graders.

4 comments:

  1. These turned out great, Mary! Maybe next time I do dogs with my kids I will give this style a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colorful dogs.
    Love the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for wonderfull inspiration again, Mary. I just had to grab my colors and give it a try. You are welcome to see how it went out: http://frubilledkunst.blogspot.dk/2012/07/heather-keller-inspirerede-hunde.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!

    I love Heather Galler's work! I think I'll try this with my 4th grades this year. I hope you are having a great summer. I have to report back on the 13th! I look forward to posting new work this fall!

    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!