Sunday, January 11, 2015

Children's Book Inspired Art Lessons

According to my husband and daughter, I am a bit of a children's book hoarder. I do cherish my collection of books, some with copyright dates well before my birth year (1967). I am grateful to my Mom for signing me up for The Weekly Reader Book Club which ignited my love of children's book illustrations. 

Last week I began a new class, Children's Book Art Fun, where my students are creating art inspired by various illustrators. I told my young group that when I go to the library or book store, I can't pass a chance to discover some beautiful new picture books. Below you will find some of my students' art work inspired by various children's books and their illustrators from the past 5 years of teaching (with links to the original post). Stay tuned for more!


Chameleons Are Cool, Sue Shields









 Harry by the Sea, Gene Zion


 The Goodnight Gecko, Gill McBarnet


 The Hare and the Tortoise, Brian Wildsmith


 Armadillo Ray, Peggy Turley













 Solomon Crocodile, Catherine Rayner


 Giraffes Can't Dance, Guy Parker-Rees


Giraffes Can't Dance, Guy Parker-Rees


Zen Shorts, John. J. Muth



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!